Family Care is preventive in nature. Intervention is provided to families with children age 6-17 who need support and techniques in learning to express anger and emotions in a healthy way. Both Psycho-education groups and individual support is utilized to reach family and individual needs.
Program Goals and Objectives:
- reduce the risk of violence to children
- develop a safe and healthy environment for children to thrive and parents to cope with the daily challenges of parenting
- develop coping strategies for parents and children to reduce the risk of violence
- support the development of effective communication and promote enhanced emotional regulation
- support positive approaches to coping with anger issues
- increase participants’ awareness, emotional vocabulary and work to replace damaging and sometimes violent behavior with healthy, self-esteem building behavior
This service is provided by Alberta Health Services and Alberta Health Services contracted service providers.