Supports youth aged 13-17 who have complex mental health challenges and includes intensive clinician involvement to help youth thrive at home, in school, and within the community. SUSD includes two stepped treatment options: Live-in Treatment and Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP).
- help to youth aged 13 to 17 who have significant mental health difficulties and who receive care from a mental health clinician, but need additional support
- a high level of family or caregiver participation to help youth succeed at home, in school and in their community
- There are two streams for this program:
- live in treatment: full time treatment with support from a multidiciplinary team including nurses, social worker, psychologist, occupational therapist, mental health aides, recreation therapist, and family therapist.
- intensive outpatient program: Supplemental community-based treatment designed to offer mental health programs, treatment plans, and goal development to yourth and families/caregivers.
This service is provided by Alberta Health Services and Alberta Health Services contracted service providers.