CONNECT is one of 5 Provincial Community Support Teams providing support to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (ID / D) and mental illness. CONNECT provides support and services to Alberta's Northern communities (North of Highway 16).
CONNECT offers support to clients with intellectual and developmental disabilities (ID / D) and mental illness, their caregivers, and service providers. The CONNECT Community Support Team is a partnership between Alberta Health Services and the Persons with Developmental Disabilities (PDD) Program.
- education and awareness
- supporting service providers during times of crisis
- supporting clients as they move from the hospital to the community
- making strategies to avoid the need for a critical response
- planning, testing, and doing interventions
- helping clients access the services they need
- building relationships between families, services, and service providers
- promoting a culture of understanding and change