Provide persons with severe and / or persistent mental illness with community-based services that encompass a continuum of flexible and comprehensive, recovery focused interventions that assist individuals to maintain a reasonable independency, quality of life, and optimal level of functioning in their own community.
Provide services to individuals with significant impairments of functioning due to severe and/or persistent mental illness,often affecting their daily functioning; difficulty accepting and maintaining treatment; lack of personal support systems; and may have coexisting issues related to substance abuse and/or justice involvement. Individuals must be willing to participate in the community or be clients leagally aligned to services through such programs as Community Treatment Orders.
- Medication/Psychiatric Support; administer, assess, monitor prescribed medications
- Teaching/education and prevention and promotion strategies for recovery focused care
- Advocate in referral to doctor and/or psychiatrist
- Support transportation for essential appointments
- Support social, cultural, spiritual, and personal meaningful activities for quality of life improvement
- Liaise with employment, finance and housing supports
- Provide support in activities of daily living; meal planning, grocery shopping
- Supportive counselling; crisis resolution, problem solving; social skills, coping skills' promote independence