Provides assessment, diagnosis, testing and treatment for Sexually Transmitted Infections.
The Edmonton STI Clinic is currently seeing patients by appointment. At this time, the clinic is booking same day afternoon or next day morning appointments.
- patient intake (appointment booking) begins 15 minutes after the posted opening time (9:00 AM Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday; 10:00 AM Tuesday)
- all clients are pre-screened for COVID-19 symptoms and exposure.
- routine testing may be provided, if appointment times are available
- self-collection testing is temporarily available
Urgent concerns are prioritized, which include:
- patients with a known STI and require treatment
- contact to a known STI and require testing / treatment
- symptoms of an STI
- care following a recent sexual assault
All clients are required to perform hand hygiene and wear a mask at all times. New masks will be provided onsite - personal masks are not permitted. Food and beverage not permitted in waiting room.
STI Clinic services provided:
- diagnosis and treatment of sexually transmitted infections in a non-judgmental and inclusive environment
- detailed syphilis diagnosis, treatment and follow up
- hepatitis A, B and HPV vaccine program for qualified individuals
- HIV, hepatitis A, B and C testing for qualified individuals
- emergency contraception
- counselling and client education
- contact tracing and partner notification
- testing and treatment provided in community to those unable to access other sites or providers
- harm reduction supply distribution (e.g. needles, condoms)
- referrals to other services
Appointment Types: When calling to make an appointment please have your Alberta Health Care Number ready. The STI Clinic offers a variety of different appointment types:
- Routine Screening / Check-Up: This visit type is recommended for individuals who are not experiencing symptoms of any kind. This visit type does not include a physical exam.
- Symptom Assessment: This visit type is recommended for individuals who would like to discsuss a specific issue with their care provider. Common symptoms include: discharge, pain/discomfort, or sores/rashes on the skin.
- Treatment only: This visit type is recommended for invididuals who have already received testing, and require treatment for a positive test result.